Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wake Up, Girl!

So you ever have a picture in your head, you know, something that has not happened but you can imagine it. And then when you see it for real, sometimes it is ok, sometimes you're disappointed and sometimes you are thrilled.

You know, you are in a nice restaurant, and the waiter describes the fish of the day, where every item has a modifier, you know "Today's fish is a Eastern Cold Water Hand Fed Halibut, served with a Delicious Glaze of Shire Almonds and Barcelona Tangerines, served with Cedar Mountain Asparagus and our Prized Boise Blue Whipped Potatoes. Ok I digress, but often the description easily outstrips what comes on the plate. Which was in this case a piece of fish with nuts and Minute Maid.

Ok Sharon, you have gone off the deep end, what does this have to do with anything? Well part of being me is, well, being me. And one of those things is this 24/7 thing. I am not. I would like to be, but I am also scared that being 24/7 might be a pain in the ass. Ok there I said it. I mean I like to look good, and when I get dressed now, it takes me a long time to do it. Probably more an artifact of being new at this, and I am sure it will get better as I do this more. And I know it will as my confidence keeps going up.

So today when I dress I end up in a hotel room. And frankly that is ok, and often the night is late, my drive can be almost an hour to get home and I embrace the chance to be me a bit longer. Thus, I have been learning to sleep, en femme. Yeah I know, sounds goofy. Let me explain.

I get back from group and the outing, it is often late, I am tired. But I look in the mirror and see a very happy girl and I don't want that to end. So this past outing I tried an experiment, first off, I attached my forms. I have been just putting them in a bra to date, and mind you, I love them almost as much as I do my hair, as you will see in a moment. But I decided to try the tapes that came with them. Well good and bad news, the tapes keep the boobs on alright, but do not give you that sort of "well attached" feeling I was looking for. So next time, I will use spray. Needless to say, they were attached, and that is good because I wanted to have them on to sleep in. Which ensconced in a silky nightie I did.

There were two other things I did (did not?) do. I left my wig on, and slept in it. I know you are not supposed to do that but I felt the need. And, I did not get my makeup off, now I am told this is a big no no, but on the other hand it is not like I wear it every day yet. And so I figure the 4 hours I slept would not matter.

Ok so why did I do all of this? So I would wake up and look in the mirror and see her. Yep, wanted to get out of bed, and start my day as a female. And low and behold in the morning, there she was! Me! A girl in a pink nightie. Tousled hair, needing a brush, but no mistake, female. Me. And at that moment I knew, that was the image I want to see everyday. Yes I know I had my makeup on and that would not be the norm, but the hair is really the key. The hair, as I have said before, is magic. It is like a potion, put it on and voila! Girl. And of course, having boobs was another pleasant delight. Yes I am going to want a set of those. :)

And so this past Saturday, I started the day female in body, mind and spirit. But I ended the day, only in mind and spirit as the demands of the real world keep me from it. And I know that the day is ahead of me where I will start and end each day with my outside matching my inside. But at least for now I have had a look at the menu and seen the dish I want at another table, and that is better than just having the waiter's description.

No comments:

Post a Comment